SGFIN- FIDELITY RESEARCH GRANT - CALL FOR PROPOSALS
The Sustainable and Green Finance Institute (SGFIN) is a university research institute at the National University of Singapore (NUS), supported by the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS). SGFIN aims to develop deep research capabilities in sustainable and green finance with the focal point on Asia. In collaboration with Fidelity International, SGFIN is inviting proposals for a research grant on sustainable and green finance research topics.
PROPOSED SCOPE AND TOPICS
This grant call aims to garner diverse, innovative proposals that will provide insights and solutions to the relevant challenges in the dynamic green and sustainable finance and investment space including but not limited to:
- sustainable corporate practices
- mitigation of and adaption to climate changes via policy and business decisions
- renewable energy sources and the transition into a low carbon economy
- impact of carbon credit incentives for direct and indirect emissions
- sustainable investing to address environmental and social issues
Applicants must meet the following requirement:
The Principal Investigator (PI) must have a full-time academic appointment at a NUS Faculty/School (Assistant Professor, Associate Professor or Professor) or Senior Research Fellow or above in Research Institutes/Centres.
Maximum grant amount is $50,000 for a project period up to 1 year. Further extension requires the approval of SGFIN and Fidelity International. The project grant is funded and subjected to the funding terms and conditions set by Fidelity International, i.e. FIL Investment Management (Singapore) Ltd.
1. Documents required in the application
- Application Form (click here for form)
- Curriculum Vitae of the PI and key team members : each CV should be only up to 5 pages.
- Research Publication Lists of the PI and key team members: a full list of research outputs (publication list, with classifications by type of publications, which is accurately updated and generated from the University’s Research Publication System (Elements), a list of patents, if any,etc.)
** Please collate the above three items together as a single pdf file
2. Submission of Application
- Email application to email@example.com
3. Subject Title in Submission
- indicate email subject title as “SGFIN - Application for Research Grant – (Name of Applicant, Faculty/Dept)”
Applicants may be invited for an interview with our selection committee to answer questions about their applications. Applicants whose applications are shortlisted will be invited to submit their full proposals with budget phasing details for the second round of selection.
The applications will be reviewed by the selection panel, and the final outcome will be notified in January 2023. Shortlisted applicants may be invited for an interview by the panel. For any clarification on the above, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org